In an effort to support national efforts to fight the COVID- 19 pandemic, our practice is taking the following steps to help assure your health and well-being and that of our community:
We at Bergvliet Dental and Medical would like to update you regarding our newly implemented protocols since the outbreak of the Covid 19 Pandemic. These stringent procedures will be in place, firstly, during national lockdown and secondly for the foreseeable future when lockdown is lifted or eased in South Africa.
As many of you know, we have been open primarily for treating emergencies with one dentist working at a time and the necessary auxiliary staff assisting. This will continue for the rest of April and gradually change as lockdown measures are eased.
Below is the step by step procedure outline we have set out in order to align with WHO guidelines:
- Appointments will only be made telephonically.
- You will be emailed a questionnaire and appointment schedule that you can present to authorities if stopped at roadblocks.
- Please arrive 5 min before your appointment. Please wait in your vehicle until a staff member comes to collect you for your appointment.
- Your signed questionnaire will be collected from you before entering the practice.
- Please enter with your own mask on, this will be stored again for you to use when leaving the practice.
- Only the patient will be allowed into the Practice unless a carer has arranged with us beforehand. It’s fine for a parent to accompany their child.
- On entering you will be guided to a room where you will be asked to wash your hands with soap provided as well as sanitising of hands.
- A temperature check will be performed.
- You will be given a mouth-rinse to rinse for 30 seconds (HOCl) – CLICK HERE to read more about HOCI
- Social distancing will still be adhered to as you will wait in the sanitising room and the be collected by Dental Assistant to be taken to Dental Surgery.
CLICK HERE to download the COVID-19 patient consent form to be brought with to your appointment.
As the lockdown eases, our services hope to return to relative normality, although the new infection control protocols will remain in place for the foreseeable future until the pandemic is brought under control.
We all at Bergvliet Dental and Medical hope and trust you will remain safe and healthy during this challenging time.