Elsabet Bester qualified as an occupational therapist, with a major in psychology, at the University of Cape Town in 1991. Elsabet’s initial working experiences were in the UK in the 1990’s, where she worked in various hospital settings, including specialized rehabilitation units, as well as in community settings carrying out care assessments and implementing care plans within a care team.
Back home in South Africa, Elsabet’s work experiences continued to be varied and included aiding in the development and running of occupational therapy services from several Community Health Centres in the Cape Metropole Region, working as a claims consultant assessing disability claims and actively facilitating return to work (of claimants) where possible, as well as starting her own private practice, initially part-time, but full-time since 2005.
The services of Elsabet Bester and Associates include, but are not limited to:
- We complete functional assessment of an individual who has suffered a life-changing injury which results in either a personal injury or medical negligence claim. We then produce a comprehensive report, providing an independent, balanced, and objective view of the client’s functioning. Our reports will include consideration of care requirements, home modifications, equipment, and assistive technologies.
- We provide functional capacity evaluation services (often required for insurance / disability claims purposes) within the workplace and home too, if required.
- We provide case management services, at various stages of the life of a minor or adult (e.g. at interim payment stage of RAF or medical negligence matters, or post-settlement), using our unique set of skills to provide essential coordination of services, advocating for additional services when necessitated, advising the client, family, and caregiver, monitoring of services, etc.
- We can assist you with the implementation of barrier-free home modifications for the elderly and disabled persons, to enhance their ability to function safely.
We provide the above services throughout the Western Cape, KwaZulu Natal, and other areas of South Africa upon request.
For further information or to make an appointment, contact Elsabet directly on:
- Telephone: 021 712 0356 or 083 320 0503